Menu
Cart 0

News

How To Treat Tennis Elbow: Everything You Need To Know

Posted by Michael Jackness on

How To Treat Tennis Elbow: Everything You Need To Know

Did you know that you can get tennis elbow even if you don't play tennis?In fact, only 10% of people with tennis elbow are actually tennis players! The remaining 90% is made up of regular guys and gals who just happen to use their forearm muscles a lot.That being said, tennis elbow can happen to anyone who overworks or overuses the extensor muscles of their forearm. Of course, your poor backhand game can also be a factor, but it's not the only culprit for the pain you're currently experiencing. Here’s everything you need to know about tennis elbow. Read on...

Read more

Scrap These 6 Foods From Your Diet To Avoid Pain and Inflammation

Posted by Michael Jackness on

Scrap These 6 Foods From Your Diet To Avoid Pain and Inflammation

As you get older, you’ll probably notice that food isn’t what it used to be. Some of the dishes or food items that you used to enjoy could now be the source of your pain and discomfort. See, sometimes, pain and inflammation aren’t only due to physical trauma. More often than not, they’re also because of the things you eat. What’s shocking is that so many people are unaware that certain foods are actually harmful. They keep eating these foods and as a result, the body keeps on fighting by “tripping the alarm”, otherwise known as an inflammatory response. A...

Read more

How To Avoid The Most Common Winter Injuries

Posted by Michael Jackness on

How To Avoid The Most Common Winter Injuries

Having a love-hate relationship with the winter season is not uncommon. One one hand, the first snowfall of the season is pretty spectacular. Gotta love it. Then there’s skiing, tubing and ice skating--- stuff you don’t get to do at any other time of the year. Winter is also the best excuse to grab a comforting mug of hot chocolate every now and then. On the other hand, people hate winter because...well, it’s winter: everything is dark, cold and slippery. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that these unfavorable weather conditions are the primary reason why a lot of accidents...

Read more

Can An ACL Injury End Your Sports Career? Here’s What You Need To Know

Posted by Michael Jackness on

Can An ACL Injury End Your Sports Career? Here’s What You Need To Know

You hear a lot about it on the news: famous athlete gets an ACL injury and ends up getting ruled out of a season. Some injuries are so severe that it could abruptly end their stellar careers. But what is ACL injury? And why is it so dangerous? What is an ACL Injury? Inside your knee joint are multiple ligaments that help secure the bones in place and facilitate movement. One of these ligaments is the anterior cruciate ligament or ACL. The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons describes ACL as the ligament that runs diagonally in the middle of the...

Read more

Is Fibromyalgia Real? Everything You Need To Know About This Chronic Pain Condition

Posted by Michael Jackness on

Is Fibromyalgia Real? Everything You Need To Know About This Chronic Pain Condition

Chronic pain is something millions of Americans have to live with every day. As of 2011, an estimated 100 million people in the States suffer from chronic pain stemming from a variety of causes, most of them so debilitating that patients are unable to lead normal lives. One of these crippling conditions is fibromyalgia.The cause of the disorder is unknown, but it is pretty widespread. Studies show that as many as 12 million Americans suffer from it. Patients with fibromyalgia experience debilitating pain and heightened sensitivity to pressure, so much so that they couldn’t do normal activities for periods of...

Read more

Keeping The Workplace Safe: Top 3 Work Injuries And How You Can Prevent Them

Posted by Michael Jackness on

Keeping The Workplace Safe: Top 3 Work Injuries And How You Can Prevent Them

Is your workplace safe? Or do you often encounter occupational hazards?Injuries in the workplace are not unheard of. In fact, each year, thousands of Americans get hurt while on the job. These injuries can sometimes be minor bumps and bruises that only need a quick trip to the clinic. Other times, they can be major incidents that can cost a person’s job. Either way, you have to be aware on the top 3 work-related injuries so that you can prevent them from happening. After all, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure, right? Here are the...

Read more